Frisbee etc.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Deployment?


Hey everyone!

You all probably know by now about the awfull huricain that has just struck New Orleans. If you havn't heard about the looting and the traped people and the rizing death toll, then you had better watch the news.

I just got a phone call tonight telling me that my unit is on "Alert Status". They told me to have all of my gear ready to go. I could be called up tonight and be gone by tomorrow! So if you are reading this pray for me and all of our fellow americans in the South.

When I first heard heard it on the phone, I was very excited, thinking "now I will have something to tell my Grand Kids about!" The whole situation is preaty low risk and is mostly clean up and search and rescue. But as I have read the National Guard is stretched thin protecting businesses from looters and there have even been soot outs with armed gangs in the streats.

This is all very exciting and kinda' scary at the same time.

As I said, pray for me. I will probably see you all at frisbee on thursday but you never know.

Frisbee player God Worshiper and Soldier of the United Sates,

Will Almond

3 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Donut_Munky0 said...

GO WILL!

awsome possum.

ROCK ON!!! \_/

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger emilyks said...

sure thing will!

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger chef ninja pirate with a wisk said...

go get mmm champ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home